National Cadet Corps (NCC): (Army wing only) The University offers training under the Army Wing of the National Cadet Corps. The University has a total number of 210 cadets with 105 boys and 105 girls. Parades and theory classes are held during the afternoon session on Saturdays.
Training programme: The total number of parades in a year is Twenty. Training is held in the University campus. The regular parades include training in drill, map reading, weapon training, obstacle etc. It also includes parades for firing, social service and adventure.
The adventure activities are parasailing, horse riding, rock climbing, firing, mountaineering, cycle expedition, motorcycle expedition, trekking etc.
Eligibility: I PUC and I Degree students
• After two years of training – ‘B’ Certificate
• After three years of training – ‘C’ Certificate
Use of B & C : C certificates holders can directly join the Defence forces as officers. Preference is given to B & C certificate holders in Defence Services, Police services, Para-Military forces, Fire forces, BSF, Territorial Army, Industrial Security Forces, Public Sectors, and all uniform services.
60 Engineering Seats, 16 Medical Seats, 6-7% of Post Graduation seats are reserved for NCC cadets in all Indian Universities.
Sahara India Scholarship and Cadet Welfare Scholarship are also offered to students who secure good percentage in the 12th standard examination.
Cadets from Christ University have been at the helm of activities at the Directorate. They have represented the State in the Republic Day Camps, Thal Sanik Camps and the country represented at Youth Exchange Programme (YEP). It was the only Company in country of India to send EIGHT cadets to the Republic Day Camp (RDC) in 2008.
The honour of this company is the visit of Director General’s and Additional Director General, National Cadet Corps to the University;
· Lt Gen(Retd) M C Bhandari, PVSM, AVSM*, VSM on 10 October 2004
· Lt Gen(Retd) P S Chaudhary, PVSM, AVSM, SM, VSM on 12 May 2007
· Maj.Gen Rajeev Varma on 09 December 2011
The Director Generals/ Additional Director General were given a Guard of Honour by the cadets of the university on both occasions.
For Details, Contact:
The Company Commander
2/9 Coy, Christ University,
Bangalore 560 029
- Centre for Concept Design
- Centre for Research
- Centre for Social Action [CSA]
- Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum [CEDBEC]
- National Cadet Corps [NCC]
- Theatre In Education [TIE]
- Centre for Social Research [CSR]
- Minor Research Projects
- Total Quality Management System [TQMS]
- Centre for Advanced Research and Training [CART]
- Centre for Publications
- Kannada Sangha
- CU - Academic Staff College
- Centre for Research – Projects