Christ University welcomes Professors from Universities/Institutes abroad who wish to work with the University during their sabbatical. By this facilitation, the University aims to establish a relationship of mutual benefit with the Guest and the sponsoring institution towards knowledge sharing, academic participation and research.
Regulations for hosting international faculties on sabbatical:
- Request for hosting must be made in the prescribed APPLICATION FORM, along with two references of which one has to be from the head of the employer institution. The application must also accompany appropriate documentary evidence of the sabbatical.
- Maximum duration of hosting will be six months commencing from September and ending by February of the next year.
- The guest will be required to associate with the activities of the University (host) including but not limited to teaching, for a minimum of 10 hours during every month of stay. In addition the guest must make at least two seminar presentations in a stay period of six months. Subject of teaching, activity involvement and the seminar topics etc will be decided on mutual discussion according to specialization of the guest, upon arrival, in consultation with the department/s with which the guest will be engaged.
- The guest will be provided with an office, desktop computer connected to Internet and printer for use and reasonable quantity of stationery at no cost. Separate mailbox in the University website may be provided if desired. No secretarial assistance would be formally available.
- The University will provide free of cost, furnished bachelor accommodation within the campus and also boarding at the University canteen. No one other than the guest would be permitted to stay in the accommodation.
- The University will not entertain any personal requirements except arranging for any emergency medical assistance.
- The guest must keep the University informed at all times of all his/her movements inside and outside the country while being the guest. All travel costs including local conveyance must be borne by the guest.
- Apart from the facilitation as aforesaid no payment shall apply except for any special assignment undertaken on mutually agreed terms.
- Guest has to obtain Visa and work permit from the Indian Consulate /High Commission located at the country of the guest. The University on acceptance of the application would provide necessary sponsorship letter and other documentation required in this regard.
- The guest must conduct himself /herself with due respect to tradition, living style and culture followed in India, in the University campus, must abide by the laws of the country and the University regulations and must cooperate with the University discipline requirements. An undertaking to this effect will be a part of the APPLICATION.
- Admissions 2011
- Current Status of Online Application
- Special Centres
- International Collaborations
- Student Support Services
- For Parents and Students
- Main Auditorium
- Faculty from Foreign Universities on Sabbatical - Guidelines
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Admissions Open for BTech Programmes
- India Experience for Foreign Students
- Compliance of Deemed to be University in Response to MHRD Order No. F.4-30/2009-U.I(A)
- Current Status of Offline Application
- Exam Alerts
- To Change Internet Access Password